Wednesday, January 13, 2010

About Chelsea

So, I've had a couple of curious queries about my "boyfriend application" previously posted on this blog. So, I'm going to post a character sketch about myself, too. It is far from being finished, but I'll add a little about myself to it every day. This is mainly just for kicks, but if you're interested you can send me an application.


  • Character Sketch
  • Title: About Me
  • Name: Chelsea Lauren Clemmons
  • Nickname(s): Chels, Hobbit, also Muffin, but only ONE person is ever allowed to call me that. He knows who he is. Everyone else, I would advise you not to do it. I'm pretty sure you can't pull it off.
  • Birth Date/Place: February 24, 1989/Bay Minette, Alabama
  • Character Role: Protagonist (I should be the protagonist of my own life, right?)
  • Physical Descriptions:
  • Age: 20 until February 24
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: Human, Caucasian
  • Eye Color: Green
  • Hair Color/Style: Naturally, it’s dirty blonde. Currently, it’s red. For the moment, it’s short, not even shoulder length. I’m trying to grow it back out, though. It used to be nearly waist length, and I miss that.
  • Build (Height/Weight): 5’0”/142 lbs.
  • Skin Tone: Fair
  • Skin Type: I’ve got a pretty clear complexion, but my skin is sensitive.
  • Face Shape: Oval
  • Other Important Physical Attributes:
  • Style of Dress: Eclectic. That's the best way I can think of to describe it at the moment. Jeans are pretty much the best invention ever.
  • How he/she feels about his/her looks: I like to make myself presentable, and I wouldn’t like to be considered an eyesore. However, I don’t like it when people judge me on looks alone. It’s shallow, insensitive, and unfair. I like to feel pretty, sure, but I dislike being judged based solely upon my looks.
  • Vision Quality: I wear glasses, sometimes. I have astigmatism and I have some trouble with my distance vision.
  • What he/she would change about his/her appearance: I’d like to be a little taller, and I certainly wouldn’t mind longer legs.
  • Physical Handicaps or Difficulties: I have been blessed, I have none.
  • Characteristics or Mannerisms:
  • Unusual/Exceptional Characteristics:
  • Mannerisms:
  • Diction:
  • Accent:
  • Behavior when angry:
  • Behavior when depressed:
  • Behavior when excited:
  • Personality Traits:
  • Primary:
  • Secondary:
  • Counter-traits:
  • Dominant traits:
  • Areas of vulnerability: I am incredibly sensitive, and I don’t take criticism well. Words have the capability to wound me far more deeply than physical pain ever could. I’m insecure, and I have very little faith in myself.
  • Major Flaw: Pride. It will be the death of me. I’d sooner work myself into a coma than ask for help. Asking for help means you owe somebody something, and I don’t want to be in debt to anyone…for any reason. I can do things for myself, and if I can’t they aren’t likely ever to get done. I made the mistake of asking someone for help with publishing my book, and I will most likely spend the rest of my life paying that person back.
  • Introverted/Extroverted Characteristics of Personality:
  • Basic Temperament (calm, volatile, placid, etc.): I’d consider myself to be pretty volatile. If you push certain buttons, you’re guaranteed to get a reaction and I have a flair for the dramatic, if I do say so myself.
  • Background:
  • Hometown: Bay Minette, Alabama
  • Most significant person in his/her childhood: Granny Hattie. You’d really have to have known her to understand why. She pretty much reared me because both of my parents worked all the time when I was a kid. Hell, they still do. They’re the most hardworking people I know. They’ve given me a wonderful life that most people haven’t been blessed with. But Granny Hattie is the one that I really emotionally bonded with as a child. She’s the kindest person I’ve ever known in my whole life. She was the most wholesome, good-hearted, caring, and generous person that I’ve ever encountered. I can’t possibly say enough to make you understand how amazing she was. She had a way of making you feel special, like you could do anything in the whole world, and she made you feel unique and wonderful and precious and worthy.
  • Most significant event of his/her childhood:
  • Major childhood trauma and its long-term effects: Losing Granny Hattie pretty much imploded my world, my faith, and the way I see everything. To be perfectly honest, part of me is still furious at God for taking her away from me. I know it’s wrong and that I shouldn’t feel like that, but I do. I’m afraid of loving people as much as I loved her. The pain you experience when you lose someone like that is what I imagine hell to be like, if you add cold to it.
  • Parents’ marital status: Happily married for what seems like forever, now.
  • Typical first impression on others:
  • Obsessions:
  • Superstitions:
  • Politics:
  • Attitudes:
  • Fears:
  • Worst Fear(s):
  • Biggest Dream(s):
  • Character Flaws:
  • Character Strengths:
  • Regrets: I have two big regrets in my life. I mean major ones. One is that I didn't go to see my Granny Hattie before she died. I had the option to go and see her in the ICU, or remember her the way she was, and I chose to remember her the way she was. It was the wrong choice. I was seven when I made it, and I won't ever forgive myself for that. I'd kill for a few more minutes with her now. The other regret is a much more recent one. There was this guy, and he was kind of perfect for me. Surprisingly, not only was he perfect, but he was also crazy enough to want to try and have a relationship with me. I was an emotional train wreck at the time, one who was hell-bent on getting revenge on her cheating ex-boyfriend. So I shoved this great guy out of my life and broke his heart. I have never been a bigger jerk. Ever. I can't excuse or forgive myself for the way I hurt him, either. Frankly, Dad has never been more disappointed in me, and neither have I. So, if that amazing guy ever happens upon this, I want him to know that I'm sorry for what I did to him. Those are my two biggest regrets in life, thus far.
  • Educational Background:
  • Beliefs:
  • Religion:
  • Priorities:
  • Status and Money:
  • Class:
  • Manners/Social Graces:
  • Attitude toward money and why:
  • Occupation/Vocation:
  • Occupation:
  • Childhood dream job:
  • Profession encouraged by parents/family:
  • Job Satisfaction:
  • Work-related travel:
  • Good traits:
  • Acknowledged by:
  • Bad traits or flaws:
  • Admitted to:
  • Work philosophy:
  • Income:
  • Relationships:
  • Family/Ethnicity:
  • Relationship(s) with immediate and extended family members:
  • Views on Love:
  • Marital Status: Unmarried. And single.
  • Present relationship with significant other: None. I am incredibly single.
  • Past relationship that most influenced her:
  • Sexual History: I'm not an innocent, and I kind of regret not waiting.
  • Consequences of past sexual relationships: There haven't been any physical consequences. As for emotional? I plead the fifth.
  • Significant personal losses and her reactions to them:
  • Best Friend:
  • How she relates to friends in general:
  • Closest confidante and why:
  • Biggest enemy and why:
  • How she views the other characters, and how these views may change over the course of the story:
  • Ambitions:
  • Internal Conflicts:
  • External Conflicts:
  • Miscellaneous Notes:
  • Possessions:
  • Recreation:
  • Hobbies:
  • Leisure Activities:
  • Exercise Regime:
  • Pets:
  • Journal Entries:
  • Correspondence:
  • Handwriting:
  • Astrological Sign:
  • Talents:
  • How he/she rewards and punishes himself/herself:
  • How he/she would describe himself/herself in one sentence:
  • How he/she would describe himself/herself in one word:
  • Secret from the past:
  • Favorites:
  • Taste in Books (i.e. genre and/or type):
  • Taste in Music (i.e. catchy, soulful, fast-paced, etc):
  • Favorite Song(s):
  • Favorite Movies:
  • Favorite Clothes:
  • Favorite travel destinations:
  • Favorite car or preferred method of transportation:
  • Favorite Muse:
  • Food Preferences:
  • Et Cetera:
  • Random Questions:
  • What is a nervous habit of hers?
  • What time of day does he/she prefer? I'm a total night owl.
  • Does she know how to swim? When did she learn? Absolutely! I can't even remember not knowing how to swim. I learned when I was very young.
  • Is there something that she always has on her (clothes notwithstanding)? I always have the silver and emerald ring my Mom gave me a few Christmases back, and I always have the ring that belonged to Granny Hattie that Mom and Aunt Becky gave me when I graduated from high school. I almost always wear my silver necklace with the silver thistle pendant that my dear friend Jess (from Australia) sent me a couple of years ago.
  • How does she like to celebrate her birthday?
  • Is she prone to whimsy? How about melancholy?
  • Can she cook? Not well.
  • How does she feel about children? Is she good or bad with them? They're kind of scary, to be honest, but Lilliana Claire is changing that, some. As for the second part, I have no idea.
  • If she could go any place in the world, where would she go?
  • Describe one really embarrassing thing she’s done while drunk (that she doesn’t remember). I plead the fifth, here. I'm not sharing anything in this part of the form, because I obviously do not remember anything of the sort.
  • Describe one really embarrassing thing she’s done sober.
  • Does she have trouble speaking in front of a crowd? I think it's a kind of situational thing, but I generally do not have trouble speaking in front of a crowd.
  • Name something she’s ridiculously afraid of that she knows is stupid. I'm ridiculously afraid of spiders, and of getting my heart broken again. There are a lot of negative feelings packaged in that little phrase. Disillusionment, disappointment, crushed self esteem, hurt pride, dashed vanity...the list goes on.
  • Name one activity that’s part of her day that bores her to death. Having to wait for anything. I'm impatient as hell, and waiting is a huge inducer of boredom and irritation for me.
  • Has she ever disappointed her family or friends? I probably do that on a fairly regular basis, to be honest. I'm stubborn, wild, and I have to do everything the hard way. It can't be easy on my family and friends.
  • Has she ever disappointed herself? More than I'd like to admit.
  • Name one physical aspect she loves about herself; that she hates about herself. I love my eyes, but I hate how short I am.
  • How long could she stay in bed before going crazy? This is a crazy question. I sleep ALL the time, so I'm not sure how to answer this. If I wasn't sick, and had nothing to occupy me, it'd be 72 hours, max.
  • When was the last time she was sick? How bad was it? I had a stomach virus last week, and it was one heck of a nasty bugger. It wrung me out and left me to dry.
  • Is there a day she counts down to?
  • Is there something she can’t forgive herself for? There are a few things, actually. I may list them at some point.
  • Does she have a favorite word? If so, what is it? Fantasy. Take it as you will.
  • Does she put things off until the very last minute or does she get things done right away? I'm a terrible procrastinator. I never get anything done until the last minute.
  • Does she like to gamble? Nope. I don't like to play games where I'm unsure of the outcome. If I can't be sure that I'll win, I'm not likely to play. It's not my style. I'm a bit of a control freak, really. I also do not approve of gambling with money, for personal reasons.
  • How does she manage her anger? Cope with stress? Calm her nerves? Not well, if we're being honest, here. I tend to pretty much stay wound like a top. The only thing I do that actually helps me with any of the above is writing poetry, and that only happens when the muse is cooperating.
  • What’s the longest she’s stayed awake?
  • If he/she was dropped into a strange situation or place, how would he/she react?
  • If she needed to cause a distraction, how would she go about it? Well, it would be dramatic, that's for sure. Probably ridiculous, also. But it would get people's attention, and that's the important part of a distraction, right?
  • What’s her favorite footwear? Or does she like to go barefoot? Or maybe just in socks? I prefer going barefoot, unless it's cold. Then I'd have to say in socks. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against a nice, sexy pair of shoes. I'm just lazy.

2 comments:

  1. -strolls in wearing an exceedingly grave expression- Ahem. Muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love you. You really are the best. And I guess you can call me Muffin. You've known me since preschool. So you have that right.

    ReplyDelete